In this sunny saturday I will share my excitement of our team work this week, how we are really pushing boundaries and love how we came out better this week! Thank you all! Click on headline to see my video below!
Don’t forget to check this MindValley video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ZFU4FoNvY – I need to hear your thoughts and ideas on his suggestions on team culture! What we can implement more of?
And yes, profit sharing, innovation fund – I will talk about that as well! Motivational system is coming up to encourage all of us work like team even more and actually take ownership over 1WD! Oh man, I won’t be only guy standing on top, come on – there is a lot of space in top, if you are so adventurous and not afraid to START and FINISH your ideas!
I have some news for you guys! As you know we are working hard on team building. One painful thing for me is how to show my appreciation, how to make payment system reasonable and engaging for you to really have us work all together on one goal – growing and succeeding with 1WD?
As you know over years I am increasing payments for articles, monthly payments to full time team members, but still, something didn’t seem right.
..until I watched MindValley video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ZFU4FoNvY
- Going in state of flow. How do you get in state of flow – you have to be happy in the now where you are, second – you have to have vision, what you want your life to be.
- Stress and anxiety state – not happy right now. Best shape – where you are happy in where you are and you have amazing dreams.
Right, I wanted you to watch this MindValley Vishen presentation and let me know how and what do you think we could implement from these ideas? Common office may be too big for now, but anything else you think we could do virtually? Sharing gratitude?
Some of the practices and ideas
They use in this regard are: “45-5 rule”, which indicates each employee get 5 hour to learn something new beside 45 hours of working per week, each employee can share what he has learned with others, and sending its employees for conferences and trainings which helped them to grow personally and professionally.
The senior talent manager indicated “We believe, the more you invest in your mind, your knowledge and your experiences, the richer you will be”. This is how Mindvalley has been able to grow 23-25 year old employees to managers running $2-3 billion businesses within one year.
Meritocracy: On top of their salaries, Mindvalley employees vie for a share of 10% of the company’s profits. There’s an “elaborate algorithm” involved, I’m told, but 5% of the profits are distributed based on a company-wide vote. The top 5 employees get featured in the annual Awesomeness Report, and they’re lined up in front of the room to hear praise and comments on their performance.
- “If I dare to stick my neck out, there’s almost no politics in this company,” says Ngeow. Sounds like personal growth to me.
- Awesomeness report – what did you do, celebrate successes of previous week. Profits grew 100%. Recognise employees who did something cool and new.
- Do not focus on problem, but on the vision. Learn to manage your mind, learn not to allow your mind to think negatively.
- You are happy when you work on making others happy.